Since each situation is unique, A-PAL responds to each request for community resource referrals differently.
Some Resource Referrals We Offer:
- Assistance in Securing Translation and Interpretation Services
- Help finding language and citizenship classes
- Help finding medical and legal providers
We work with several organizations, two of which are El Comite and Longmont’s Community and Neighborhood Resources Department.
- A Request for assistance comes to A-PAL through our email: email@example.com
- A-PAL will then assign a volunteer to get in touch with the requester and determine the nature of the request.
- The A-PAL volunteer will research the existing services provided by the City, School District, other non-profits, etc. to find the appropriate services for the community member in need.
- The A-PAL volunteer will follow-up with the community member to determine the next best steps to meet the requester’s needs.
- Depending on the requester’s language level, the volunteer might need to contact the service for the requester and, if needed, to accompany the requester to the service
- It may take multiple trips to the service provider
- The volunteer may have to remain on the project until it’s resolved
- If the request is for information only, it is possible that A-PAL can provide necessary information through e-mails.
- If the requester does not have language difficulties, an A-PAL volunteer will provide direct contact information for the providers.